•the National Park Service’s Network to Freedom program has listed this building as a site important to the Underground Railroad (approved September 13, 2006).
•Save America’s Treasures has listed this building as an official project.
•Elizabeth Cady Stanton Foundation (P.O. Box 603, Seneca Falls, N.Y., 13148), a 501c3 organization, agreed to take ownership of the building until an appropriate historical agency can be found to hold it on a long-term basis.
•NYS Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation has declared the meetinghouse eligible for the National Register, part of a historic district to include the 1876 Quaker meetinghouse, cemetery, original site of the meetinghouse next door, and future site of the meetinghouse across the road;
about 125 people are now on a listserv of support for this project.
•volunteers created this website for the meetinghouse
•Farmington Town Board passed a resolution of encouragement for this project, September 13, 2006.
•Church Women United of New York State Board passed a resolution of support for this project, October 2006.
•several local groups have signed petitions in support of this project.
•a national Advisory Board has provided support and expertise.